Monday, October 09, 2006

The girls and I had a great weekend in Grand Rapids, a we got to meet little Jonathan Christopher, Meg and Brian's 2nd child who was named after my brother and I. Very cool idea for the name for sure, but to boot he's cute as a button, sleeps alot, (great for Meg and Brian) and he looks just like his uncle Chris (not bad for the ladies down the road...)
We had awesome weather, saw the beginnings of the color peak in Michigan and generally enjoyed being with my parents and the rest of the family. Clare and Addie performed well, and Clare has solidified her future as a performer by introducing herself on the microphone and doing her rendition of Part of Their World from Little Mermaid. She continues to amaze me.. if her antics at age 3 are any indication, she'll be on stage before we know it.
I'm celebrating 10 years at the Daily Herald this month, and the office is hosting a little shindig for me today here in Elgin. It's sure to be embarrassing and fun all at the same time. Who knows what transgressions my co-workers will dig up for joke ammunition, we'll see.
I'm looking forward to heading to Door County this weekend with Clare and Addie, since Ann will be jetting off with her sister Sara for several days in wine country in Napa, California starting this Saturday. I'll be having fun with the kids up north, as well as helping Jock continue his work on the new home, with some babysitting help from Karen. She's also riding shotgun to and from Door County, so that will be a big help.
I'm hoping to upload some pictures in the next day or two from Michigan, then certainly some from Door County. The leaves should be in full display by the time we get there, can't wait!

No comments: