Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Now that Halloween is over and baseball season is in hibernation, there's not much happening of note around here.
We had a good weekend in St. Louis (yes, AGAIN) this time with the girls. We visited Ann and Kim's friend Laura's family winery outside St. Louis, and had a great dinner out with just the adults Friday night at a rooftop restaurant with a view of the skyline.
I would spend all morning writing about election day and my hopes for the outcomes in several races, but I don't want to get my hand slapped again at work for spreading my political views online. But I will be anxiously awaiting the results of the Michigan gubernatorial race...
I'm looking forward to meeting up with Braxton and some of his pals this weekend in Iowa City for the Iowa-Wisconsin game. It's always good to get a college football game in during the fall, and Braxton is kind enough to include me on the annual drink fest. My goal for the weekend? Not getting sick and feeling well enough to enjoy my drive home on Sunday.
I'll post some pictures of the girls from Halloween when I have time later today. For now I need to go elect some place to get lunch and get some work done.
Oh, almost forgot. If you're reading this then you probably know about John L. Smith being fired as MSU's football coach. What I'm curious about it whether all this chatter about Steve Mariuchi replacing him will materialize. It sure would be interesting to have him and Izzo coaching together in East Lansing.
One editorial sidenote... I don't think MSU's basketball team will be nearly as dismal as Fox Sports says they will. 8th in the conference? Please.... this is an Izzo team after all. Maybe I'm dillusional, but I just don't see them finishing that far down. Anyone remember the Final Four run 2 years ago when everyone picked them to get crushed in the NCAA tourney? Exactly....

1 comment:

smoothdave said...

I know of a good Italian restaurant in Bloomington-Normal if you need a place to stop the next time you are headed to St. Louis