Friday, March 23, 2007


Movin' on up, to the north side

We finally got around to putting our house on the market this week, after a winter of picking away at projects around the house, and with a last-minute ceiling repainting (long story) on the first floor which I knocked out in 4 hours yesterday.
The sign is in the front yard and everything, so we'll see what happens. We already found a house we like in Roscoe, but we're waiting for the sellers to come down on price so it might not be "the one".
We're excited/anxious/nervous about the move.
Top 3 things I'm nervous about with moving to a new home.

1. Moving all of our stuff without movers
2. Liking the new house enough to be excited about moving all our stuff
3. Moving all of our stuff without movers

I'll be sure to post pictures of the new joint when we know where we're going!

There's Always Next Year

The Spartans bowed out of the NCCA tournament, but at least it was to North Carolina. That team has some serious studs... I didn't feel too bad losing to those guys, I'll be pulling for them the rest of the way. Speaking of exits, the Big Ten managed to lay another egg this year, most notably with Wisconsin losing to.. .UNLV? Wow, if I was a Badger fan I would be soaking my head right now. The good thing about MSU is that we don't have any seniors starting, and nobody is good enough to go pro early, so we'll have even more experience next season. Wisconsin will lose Tucker and possibly others, Ohio State will lose Oden and others as well, so next year is looking good!

4 comments:

smoothdave said...

Have you bought a new house, or are you still looking? Where are you moving?

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the move. As a employee of a moving company, I feel obligated to recommend you at least give 2 Men & A Truck a try...90 bucks an hour is what I spent.

As for the Big 10 next year... watch out for Indiana. We have the #2 high school prospect in Eric Gordon coming in as a starting guard. If DJ White returns, watch out!

Anonymous said...

Dear Cousin,

I'm certain you can find someone reasonable to move the furniture. I understand if you want to move special items yourself as I always move my breakables (tvs, computers,etc). Just ask around the newsroom - someone is bound to find someone cheaper than two men and a truck. It works in our newsroom best price is purple people movers. I'll even send you $20 to help out. TRUST ME a house is completely different than a one bedroom apartment. Good Luck and let me know about the cash... I'm not kidding. Amanda

ctadhankins said...

We're looking in Roscoe, which is about 20 minutes north of Belvidere. And actually we're only looking in a few different neighborhoods, the more mature ones with bigger trees and bigger lots. And most importantly, ones that aren't more than 10-15 minutes from the tollway.. my commute will be bad enough with tacking more than that on...
Can you say Hybrid?