JUST BECAUSE
Hold your fire, keep it burning bright. Hold the flame till the dream ignites... a spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission.
I hear the passionate music with the words that touch my heart. I gaze at the feverish pictures, the secrets that tear them apart. I feel the powerful visions, their fires made alive. I wish I had that instinct, I wish I had that drive.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions, imaginations on fire, focused high on soaring ambitions consumed in a single desire. In the grip of a nameless possession, a slave to a driving obsession, a spirit with vision is a dream with a mission.
We each pay a fabulous price for out ticket to paradise, but a spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission.
Selected lyrics for your enjoyment this morning. I was trying my best to blow the speakers in my car this morning on the commute... this comes from Mission by Rush.
One of those "everything feels just right with the world" songs that makes Monday morning for me much better.
Other favorites that have me doing drum solos on the steering wheel in front of other commuters include Where the Streets Have No Name, U2 (has to be sunny out for maximum effect with this one) and Fix You, Coldplay.
OH, THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS..
..frightful if you live near any sort of river or stream! Our front yard turned into a stream yesterday, most of the weekend for that matter. And now on Monday our primary focus at the paper is going to be flooding pictures. In other words, we'll be driving through the neighborhoods that we only visit once a year because they live so close to the Fox River that they always lose out in the battle with a flooded river.
Monday, August 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment