Wednesday, August 22, 2007


Sandy, Sandy, Sandy I can't let you go!
An obscure Iggy Pop reference, but it's what popped into my head when writing about all the sanding taking place in our kitchen over the last couple of days.
I didn't take any chances getting that dust (which I'm sure contained all sorts of lead and other crap that was quite legal back in 1974) in my eyes or mouth. I'll definitely have to clean my ski goggles before next winter though.
Now starts the painting, boo yah! Mom and dad are arriving tonight to help out for a few days, that's going to be invaluable. Sooner or later we'll get this place into shape. We've got a "bug man" coming out tomorrow morning as well to help battle the spiders and earwigs (i hate those things). And if we're lucky, we'll be getting some dead trees taken down in the front yard before one of those monster dead branches actually lands on somebody.
Pics of the new paint job coming in the next few days! Bring on the drop cloths... whoo hoo!

1 comment:

Megz said...

Sounds like you guys are making some real progress--congrats!
Gotta love that sanding dust...drove my OCD into overdrive, I tell you.
Can't wait to see the "done" pics!!!