The good, the bad and the ugly
This weekend saw a few real big highs and some definite lows.
During Clare's soccer game Saturday morning I realized just how amazing it can feel to watch your kids grow up and do something that just a few years ago wasn't possible. Clare only played in 30 mins of her game Saturday because we had to head over to the YMCA for the annual Spooktacular/Pumpkin Dash extravaganza. (that's another post all unto itself)
But during her rotation on offense at the soccer game, she got the ball out of the scrum all by herself and scored a goal unassisted! I wanted to run out onto the field and high-five her in front of everyone. She has really become a different player this year as opposed to last spring. She still cracks me up when she is dribbling the ball but watching her friends on the sidelines at the same time... I have visual proof of that from all the pictures I shot last week.
But seeing her score that goal (turns out they won 1-0!) on Saturday was something I'll never forget. I also found myself wondering, as I fell asleep Saturday night, what the future might look like with Clare getting a soccer scholarship! I know, keep your pants on Hankins! Easy there big fella. One goal at age 4 and you're already thinking scholarship. It's crazy, I admit. But in the spirit of honesty, it really did go through my head briefly. It was kinda funny actually. When you're that stoked about your kids accomplishments, it's hard not to daydream.
She had scored other goals earlier in the season.. some questionable, some clearly with the help of ineffective goalkeepers on the opposing team. But this one was clearly ALL HER. What a thrill...
The downside of the weekend you ask? Thinking that the (apparently) somewhat spoiled breakfast sausages would be a good idea for Ann, Clare and I on Saturday morning. Thankfully the effects didn't hit any of us until late Saturday, but it was brutal.
Trying to decide which end of your body to shove into the toilet at 3 am absolutely sucks. That's as detailed as I'll get here, but it last until late Sunday morning for me, about the same for Ann, and well into Sunday night for poor Clare bear. Addie, who is apparently wise beyond her years, tasted one and spit it out Saturday morning, so she escaped the whole ordeal. Smart kid...
But everyone is pretty much back to normal today, but I think it's going to take a few Red Bulls to get me through today. Since I had basically nothing to eat yesterday, I'm a little low on body fuel now. I even blew off my workout this morning (which I've been really good at lately) so now I'm really feeling bad.
Also, we've missed church for a third straight week, so I'm looking forward to getting back on track with that while mom and dad are here this weekend. The colors should be nearly perfect when they're here... should be a great fall weekend in Roscoe!
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment