On the night shift..
As it turns out, I ended up working a night shift tonight covering a news assignment and a girls basketball game. Despite the late hour (just got home and it's 11 pm) it was actually fun to be back in the prep sports groove. Kinda like riding a bike.. I wasn't too rusty keeping up with the action focus-wise, so I was happy about that. I don't miss editing pictures in the car though, and Starbucks was closed so I couldn't work in there (and no coffee for the 1:15 ride home :-(
Plus, I had the morning free to finish up some work around the house, namely finish installing the new garage door opener, complete with keyless entry pad on the outside of the garage. Suh-weet. The place is starting to really take shape, and we're looking forward to showing it off at the open house a week from Saturday. I know Ann is losing her mind over the thought of getting the house ready, especially since I was the one who pushed to have the party in the first place.. as usual she'll have a blast, but the ride from here to there will be a bit bumpy ;-)
Sorry, hun. If you're reading, I promise to clean the bathrooms the day before, k?
The girls are taking (fairly) well to the new habit of going to bed on time and without all sorts of time spent by us laying with them or letting them sleep in our bed. Which is nice, cuz daddy likes his space. Just ask Ann how friendly I am at 3 am when I find a little girl next to me who's jabbing me in the face with her elbow.
Anyway, I gotta hit the rack, workout at 5 am don't ya know..
have a happy Friday!
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry 'Bucks was closed for you, man...that's no good. Glad you enjoyed your late-night shift, though!
Can't wait to see the pad!!!
Post a Comment