Another week has BLOWN by, I'm just waiting for my video to upload to the DH.com site. I spent the day covering the funeral of former US Representative Henry Hyde of Illinois. We had 2 shooters down there for the ceremony in St Charles today, one was shooting stills and I was the video guy. You can check out the video link HERE, or just go to the Daily Herald site at right.
Other that freezing my ass off for a good chunk of the day, it went pretty well. The reason I'm still sitting here at work is that the upload site isn't working properly, so I'm copying my video file into alternate locations so the web gang can get it.
In other news, I'm really stoked about having the Richards here this weekend. They're arriving sometime tomorrow, just in time for our holiday open house. Ann and I (and Karen and Jock as well) are in full-on prep mode getting the house ready.. rumor has it that Jock found 2 dead mice in the basement today, damnit. Just when I thought we had the place on lockdown for those bastards. I guess if I was living in the woods and it was this f-ing cold out, I would probably look for any way indoors too. Oh well, comes with the territory I guess.
Clare is recovering nicely from her spill on the sled last week, I can't believe how fast kids heal up. Those scabs would have been around for weeks on my face, but here's are almost gone in about 6 days. She came through like a champ.. and can't wait for more action on the sledding hill. We even took a few runs down the front yard the other night when I got home at 8:30.. what a blast.
I am having tons of fun with my new snow plow attachment on the John Deere mower. Now I know why my dad didn't mind getting out at 6 am to snowblow the driveway on Berwyck. It's cuz nobody else bothers him because they don't want to help, and it's a blast to clear the driveway with power tools.
My video is just about done uploading, so I'm gonna get the hell out of dodge. Time for a Chinese food run on the way home, and perhaps some wrestling with the girls as a Friday night treat. (we've banned that practice on weekdays as it makes them crrrrazy. As if Addie needed any more excuses to be like that)
Have a great weekend to all 3 of my blog readers...
No comments:
Post a Comment