Monday, January 07, 2008

Politics aside

If you want my opinion or comments on the presidential race, you'll have to email me personally. Big brother is always watching. ..... It's back to the normal schedule finally, the holidays were a blast but also a workout of sorts. We got to see tons of family and friends, but work is up and running again so I have something else to focus on. Which is good and bad, I mean, I would rather be at home trying to get projects done or spending time entertaining the girls, but there are some things that need fixin' around our photo department as well.
How 'bout them Spartans, huh? #6 in the country (I hate early-season rankings, they don't mean pooh) and only one loss this season, and that was to #1 UCLA. Too bad most of their games are on the Big Ten network, I guess that means I'll be making frequent trips to the Firehouse Pub in Roscoe to catch the ones that POS Charter doesn't carry.
These days it seems that amidst the chaos of two young girls growing up in our house, there are just bits and pieces of really fun parenting to be had. Case in point, this morning. Just as I stepped out of the shower at 6:45 (having already been to the Y and made coffee) Clare comes into the bathroom wiping her eyes and trying to adjust to the light in the bathroom. She asks in her sleepy voice if I will take her downstairs to eat breakfast. I should note that almost every other day Addie is the first up and Clare must be dragged from her bed at 7:30. But this morning Addie was still out, and Clare wanted some daddy time. So once I was mostly dressed we headed downstairs and sat across the table from each other eating rice chex. When I asked her if she wanted a placemat, her response was "Yes please." Another score, I thought. Sometimes it's so obvious that each daughter is much more easy when separated from the other. They listen better, they don't get riled up, it's great. Then during breakfast she asks if she could please be excused to go to the bathroom. She was on quite a roll...
Anyway, it was a fun morning - and a rare one for Clare and I before work on weekdays. Addie was down soon enough to ratchet things up a notch.. and it was business as usual until they headed to the Y and I left for Elgin.

No comments: