Our Clare bear graduated from preschool this morning - and if today's ceremony was any hint of things to come, I'm a dead man when she graduates high school and college. I mean, there I sat (taking my usual photojournalist position cross-legged on the floor in front of a bunch of other parents) just keeping an eye on Clare as the kids sang their songs and did their thing. I just watched her and watched her, thinking about how little she used to be - how she was the first child for us, how much she looks like me, oh man. There is no way I am going to get through any graduation ceremony later in her life without losing it. God help me at her wedding.....
(ahem) Anyway, it was lots of fun, and the caps the kids made were way beyond cute. I'll be putting together a video of the fun too, but that takes much more editing time and I'm workin', so here are some stills to enjoy.
Congrats, Clare bear. You're on your way!



2 comments:
Oh my goooodnessss!!!
Sweet Clare bear!!!
These pictures are SO freakin PLG...it's as though you are trying to put together a dictionary for made-up acronyms...and these are the pics you chose for PLG.
Anyway, suffice it to say I'm dying. As usual, my little niece looks ever so confident, proud and totally aware of how special she is...
Not that her daddy will ever let her forget it.
I love the daddy you are.
So love it.
Here's to many more happy, though bittersweet, rites of passage.:)
Also, I want a copy of that first pic.
That one needs a frame in my house.
Post a Comment