Monday, August 04, 2008

Wall-EEEEEEEEEE

If you have kids, and they like movies, you probably know what that means.
If not, you might enjoy the movie anyway, it's Disney/Pixar's latest animation feature which came out this summer.
Braxton and I took all 4 kids to see it while in Door County over the 4th, but that's a whole other story. What got me thinking about it again was the blue rubber watch that they passed out to all of the kids who came to the theater. One of the watches that either Clare or Addie picked up that day is still floating around the house with all of the other toys. What's odd is that the whole basis of the movie is about keeping the earth free of garbage. Wall-E is this robot who is the only living thing left on earth after a giant corporation ruins the planet and they leave Wall-E to clean up the mess. Despite the lack of dialogue for the first half of the movie, it's a very good storyline and I was pretty entertained (between trips to the bathroom with Addie for "fake" potty needs)
Either way, I found it pretty ironic that a film that touts environmental responsibility would pass out crappy rubber and plastic toys for kids, that they know full well are going to end up in a landfill somewhere.
Shame on you, Disney Co. 
If you didn't make such good movies for kids, why I would, well, I might just boycott. 

No comments: