Friday, September 26, 2008

It's wine country

Well, through a very honest mistake, I figured out the surprise last night. While watching Ann go through the necessary papers and info with mom, I was reading along over there shoulder.
"Yep, she spelled the Dr's name right,... yep, that's good to know.... yep."
Then just below that I saw the name of a hotel that had a familiar name.
It was the same place Ann and Sara stayed when they went to Napa 2 years ago.
Instantly I knew I had violated my own spoiler alert... d'oh!
But as it turned out, it was kind of nice to be able to plan a bit at the last minute.
And Ann was excited to show me the packet of materials she had compiled for me. I can tell this is going to be really fun for her, she can show off her tour guide skills!
I'm really excited about being out there, just the 2 of us. Wine, beautiful scenery, no kids... ahhhhh.
Almost makes me want to go back to sleep... but alas - the trip to O'Hare is calling. Have a great week, everyone. I'm gonna get more coffee...
(I'm taking my good work cameras this trip, so be on the lookout for some decent pictures in the weeks to come)

1 comment:

ctadhankins said...

double whoops. see ann's blog and you'll know why I shouldn't have read hers this morning!