Friday, October 17, 2008

A window on Clare's class

This morning we parents of Stone Creek students got a chance to visit school and sit with our kids and watch as they went through their morning routine.
While mundane and clearly kindergarten level material, it was so much fun to see exactly what happens once Clare runs through that blue door in the morning. We got to sit back and watch as they played for the first few minutes, with Clare migrating through the room and doing different activities with different sets of kids.
Then the business of learning new words and how they are put together into sentences. It's really fun stuff when you see how good Mrs. Sughroue (sp?) is with them and how well they listen to her. And you realize that this is all new stuff for the kids and they're just soaking it up. 
Fun stuff.
All that and I got the play hooky from work for the first few hours of Friday... bonus!
Now, if I could just skip that spooktacular....
BTW, that huge cloud of smoke you'll see on Saturday is us burning a few tons of leaves in our backyard. After blowing tons of them out of my gutters last night and off the rooftops, and looking at the yard covered in them, I made a disheartening discovery when I looked up.
The falling leaves have just begun.
And to think I was daydreaming about trees while living on Foxfield Drive...
Yep. Be careful what you wish for. 
Anyone wanna jump in some leaves?

No comments: