I was scrolling through some old online photo albums for no real reason today, and came across this photo taken at Karen and Jock's place last Labor Day.

Immediately I got this feeling in my stomach, my shoulders sagged and I thought "Oh, man... I could really go for some of THAT right now."
And not just the tasty vodka tonic seen here.
The sunset, the warmth, the view from 6111 Bluff Ledge Road. I am SO ready for summer again.
This winter, which surely isn't over, has given us a break the last few days. And we're supposed to hit 60 degrees tomorrow. It's been a fantastic respite from the brutal cold and huge snowfalls of early winter. But it's getting real old.
No, scratch that. It IS old. And quite frankly I've had enough.
Cue to robins chirping.
Cue the trees and their green, leafy buds.
And yes, even cue the yardwork that nags my very existence all spring, summer and fall.
I welcome the snow the first dozen times it rolls through. After that, I'm done.
I've never wanted to have a t-shirt and sandals on more than I did the moment I saw this picture.
Maybe I'll wear them tomorrow just to see how it feels and remind myself that winter is almost over.
1 comment:
LOVE this picture! It's really amazing!! I agree with you about the weather - it's been crap to go outside and have it feel like spring but not smell or sound like it so you know this is just a tease!! That said, it has been nice to get outside the last few days and able to breathe without freezing your lungs!!
Post a Comment