It may have to be one or the other.
Clearly I don't have the time or energy for both of these new-found social outlets.
One is all the rage right now, and much more instantaneous.
The other allows me to ramble a bit more about topics of my choosing, such as this one when I'm well past the hour when I should be asleep.
I would be lying if I said I didn't check in here looking for comments, but it's true.
The ticker doesn't lie, but that's about all that seems to be going on here.
I guess I have to decide at some point whether I need feedback from readers or I would just rather be here to write for myself.
In celebration of that I'll take a moment here to talk about what a purely gigantic thrill it is to see Michigan State back in the Final Four. 5 times in 12 years. No other school in the country can claim that.
Nobody. Not North Carolina, not Duke, not UConn, not Arizona (poor bastards).
Nobody.
I've been living on cloud nine since we beat Kansas, and with Sunday's (for some) surprise win over Louisville I was out of my mind. Jumping around the bar in Atlanta in front of strangers who were more interested in the stupid Lakers/Hawks game on the other tv sets. I just don't get the NBA. Seriously... no basketball is more exciting to watch than college ball, especially this time of year.
This MSU team has had the talent all year - despite having some of the puzzle pieces missing at different times due to injury. When we lost to NC by 35 back in the preseason, Suton wasn't even playing, and Roe was about 30%. Same goes for Maryland, our only other preseason loss.
The team that showed up to beat Robert Morris and USC was a good squad.
But the team that showed up to beat Kansas and Louisville was the team I KNEW we had all season. And again coach Izzo has them playing at their highest level at the perfect time.
The guy is a genius. The way he outlined the game plan to shut down Louisville was brilliant.
The Cardinals came in looking to wipe the floor with us after their thoroughly-unimpressive win over a 12th-seeded Arizona team. Commentators were talking about what a beating Louisville gave Arizona, and how certainly anyone else they played would get a shredding as well.
Gimme a break.
State's bench squad could have dismantled Arizona. I have loved the Arizona program and Lute Olsen for years, but now that he's gone and they've slipped a little, you can't just give them a free ticket to the tournament. Sorry guys.
Part of my elation in seeing the Spartans get to the Final Four (especially in Detroit) is that I really believed this year that they could do this. And it's even a bit sweeter after so many doubters beat up on the Big Ten and everyone in it. Does anyone really give a shit which conference is stronger? If State wins the national title, does that mean that everybody will finally shut the hell up about the Big East? I sure hope so.
What does it matter that a conference is stronger? Or not?
State came out of what everyone considers to be one of the weakest power conferences.
And they completely embarrassed not only the Big East tournament champs, but the overall #1 seed in the tournament.
I'm so tired of hearing how weak the Big Ten is.
If you'll recall, the majority of talk leading into this season was the expected dominance of North Carolina, and they have proved that despite some hiccups, surprising losses and the absence of Ty Lawson for a few games, they're still an incredibly gifted bunch.
If anyone cares, I have NC playing MSU for the championship in my bracket.
We're healthy and we're heading home to Michigan for the Final Four.
Bring on the rematch.
4 comments:
I can't even imagine your excitment about this! I'll cheer for MSU now that the (cough) Badgers (ha ha) are out... :) And, Hi! I'm here, I still read!
Love your commentary! Light years from anything anyone writes around here. Go STATE! No better team to watch (now that Purdue is out:) Besides, your enthusaism is contagious...looking forward to SAT. night!
And...keep up the good writing. Everytime I check in it's worth a good read.
My humble opinion. FB is crazy. I prefer your blog site.
Here's another comment...to keep you writing here. That's it:)
Post a Comment