Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Hunting and gathering

So the other night I was tucking Clare in, and we were discussing the different time zones.
(the following are paraphrased, clearly)
"Are people in Michigan already asleep?" she asked.
"Yeah, they're an hour ahead of us so they're already in bed." I responded.
I continued that people in Colorado and California and Seattle had a little more time before they had to go to bed, since it was earlier there.
"What about China?" Clare asked.
"People in China (or 'China people' as Clare now calls them) are probably having lunch right about now." I said.
"How about Africa?"
"Well, people in Africa are probably just waking up right about now, it's probably about 6 in the morning, about the same time daddy usually gets up" I said.
"Yeah, they're probably getting their guns to go on a hunt and get their breakfast" she replied.

(this is when I collapsed, face down, into the bed with laughter.)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Today I got around to your blog and caught up on several entries all at once. What a treat...not just to enjoy inpsired writing, but to peek into your world and get proud all over again. Thanks for this... for taking time to share with such vivid expression.