Still here...
I'm gonna see where this one takes me tonight. I haven't scribed much here largely because of the monstrosity that is Facebook, but I do miss the chance to go on and on about something in this space. Our lives have been so busy lately in so many ways, it's hard to pick out something that begs to be chronicled here. The girls are growing and learning at light speed, we continue to travel all over the place on the weekends, and though we're not going very far, it seems that our bags are either being packed or spending a week on the bedroom floor waiting to be unpacked completely. Case in point, we just returned from our fourth trip to Grand Rapids since this summer, probably some sort of record. And, we'll be heading there again in a few weeks for Thanksgiving. Before that though, we have the Chiers coming this next weekend, and we'll be traveling their way shortly after Thanksgiving for the Tom Cella trivia night extravaganza. If I didn't despise the oil companies so much, I might consider buying some stock in them.
So what's on my mind lately? Here's a list of things that comprise most of my thoughts during commutes to and from Elgin these days.
• With no specific race on the upcoming calendar, my workouts are suffering.
• I am REALLY looking forward to a ski trip to Breckenridge in January.
• I need to get my old salary back. This is really starting to suck.
• Nobody in this house has been sick for a while, feeling very blessed there.
• I really hope the Phillies knock off the Yankees for the World Series title.
• Leaves.
In general things are good, I know it's going to be a long pull out of this recession for us, and for lots of people. It's hard hearing about how the economy is starting to recover and how great things are down on Wall Street again when it seems like it may be forever before those of us in the trenches see the trickle-down effect.
It helps to just ditch everything I'm doing once in a while and just play whatever games the girls want to play on a given night. Playing 'slamwich' with them on the bedroom floor makes it hard to remember that there's so much to be anxious about. I look forward to the days when I won't have to worry so much about what I write here either. That will be pretty liberating.
And it won't be long before the Spartans are back on the hardwood. I'm SO ready for this season. MSU has their highest preseason ranking in school history - should I be glad about that or worried?
Sunday, November 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Skiing at Breck? Awesome! We bought a ski pass this season that works at 5 ski areas, and Breck is one. We haven't been there yet since we moved here, but that'll change next month when we go for a weekend. You coming out solo? With the Mrs? The entire family?
Comin' with the whole fam damily! The in-laws, sister-in-law and her family, a big 'ol group. Would be great to meet up with you guys on the hill! We'll be out there for the MLK weekend in January and then the following week. Let me know what your plans are!
Post a Comment