Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another chapter

Since I wrote yesterday's post while in the haze of a post-vacation funk, I decided to add a note about our rendezvous with the Schrammels. For those of you keeping score at home, Kurt, Peggy and Chloe were the folks we met up with in France while watching the Tour in 2004 - when both our family and theirs were nuts enough to bring 18-month-old girls with them while traveling around France to watch a bike race. They have since moved to Boulder, CO and we met up with them for a day of skiing and dinner/drinks at our place in Breckenridge last Sunday. It was a blast connecting with them again, and amazing to see how Clare and Chloe took to each other like old pals. The irony of meeting up with them in the mountains was a bit lost on me, since we originally first met each other in the Alps near Bourg d'Oisans (sp?) for the Alpe d'Huez time trial. (again, sp?) I enjoyed Kurt's take on the 2010 reunion in Colorado. Sorry I haven't posted more pictures yet, last night got chalked up to more rest and hanging out with the girls while Ann was at work. Soon, I promise.

No comments: