Monday, February 22, 2010

My day with Bear

Last Friday could not have been more perfect.
The sun was shining, it was right around 32 degrees, and Clare and I both had the day off to go skiing. Here recent lessons in Colorado served her well, and she really took off on skis again.
It's hard to describe how fun it is for me to see her take off down the hill ahead of me. And it's not like I had to strong-arm her into going, SHE asked ME. Ever since we got back from Colorado, she's been asking about a day we could go. Much like with her schoolwork in first grade right now, she just soaks up information like a sponge. She can't wait to go again, and really wants to add poles to the mix, something I told her would have to wait until next year.
I may look into getting her a set of ski equipment if it looks like we'll be going a few times next season. Despite the Kids Ski Free! declaration at Cascade Mountain, they pretty much hose you for rentals. Thankfully the cost did include a helment, something that's often extra. 
(By the way, why is it that EVERY single helmet we've ever rented for the kids is broken? Either a strap doesn't work, or the goggles strap is busted, or the rear size adjustment is whacked... WTF?)
If anyone has a junior pair of skis they're looking to give away or sell for cheap, I might be able to take those off your hands.
But here's a few pictures of our day Friday - one that will for sure live in my memory as one of the favorites of the girls growing up. (looks  like they uploaded in reverse chronological order)







1 comment:

Megz said...

"they pretty much hose you for rentals"...lmao...ahhh, and this is why I love reading your blog, it's like listening to you tell the story in person. you make me laugh (as always).