Tuesday, August 17, 2010

140 or less

Well, between Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite and Foursquare, I've managed to bail on my blog posting for a long time. I always have great ideas for a new post while I'm driving into work in the morning, then I get busy with other stuff that requires less typing (and thinking) and then I never get around to it.
And even now as I type, other requests for work to get done are filing into my inbox.
So quickly, here's a down payment on a future entry-
We've had a fantastic, crazy-busy summer at the Hankins home. We've put tons of miles on the ol' swagger wagon, visited friends and relatives in Door County, St. Louis, Door County again, Chicago, (didn't we go to Michigan at some point?)
Highlights, to be elaborated on later:
•Clare competed in her first triathlon in Sturgeon Bay, WI
•Ann and I ran the Rock n' Roll Chicago half marathon
•The girls are reading like crazy, and are excited to be heading to the same school next week!
•My brother got engaged to Katie Cripps - we couldn't be more excited for him (they're visiting this weekend, should be a blast!0
•Meg is VERY pregnant and will add a third child to the Richards clan in probably less that a few weeks from now!
•I'm thoroughly tired of cutting downed trees - I have an insane amount of wood splitting to do this fall before winter really arrives.. ugh.

Somewhere in here I'm going to make a theme into a future post - but now that I've got things to do I've lost all train of thought.. but at least I dipped my toes back into the blogosphere again. The water is fine, looking forward to more soon.

No comments: