Saturday, June 09, 2012

Are you kidding me?

This, I guess, is where things get interesting. I managed to sleep for about an hour I think, mainly because I remember hearing Kevin get ready to depart on his second leg, then woke up and he was back, and Lisa was running.
We've decided as a group to break up the last legs and alternate, instead of doing back to backs. So now I'll have a 4 and 5 mile run left, and will actually get to run in Illinois later this morning.
But before I get too ahead of myself, I should note that last night's second leg was an absolute blast.
Running down a pitch dark, wooded bike trail with just a headlamp to see was one of the coolest things I've ever done. And, I felt great and kept up a surprisingly quick pace despite having been murdered by the heat for 9 miles earlier in Madison. I cruised into the Carroll College campus sometime around 12:30 am I think, and made the handoff to Ken.
So now were sitting in some church parking lot with dozens if other vans, waiting for Dave to start his second leg. The sky is starting to brighten a bit, so it should be a nice sunrise in Racine this morning.

No comments: