Friday, June 08, 2012

Next up

Well, legs 2 and 3 need to be better than that first one. The heat was a killer, I wasn't anticipating it sucking my will to live like that. Run, walk. Run, walk. It was survival mode, knowing I need to be in good enough shape to do this again later. Twice. The run from Olin park through Madison to the est side of Monona was ok, lots of shade to be had. But then heading east out if town was brutal. I just couldn't push it. Maybe that six inch Subway sandwich wasnt a great idea 90 mins before takeoff. Not that it gave me cramps or anything, just weighted me down. And the heat just didn't let up. Water water and more water. Thankfully the team van kept leapfrogging me and filling my water bottles.
Just enjoying some comrade tie with the crew as we cruise along supporting the other runners. It's kinda like a traveling circus out here… complete with the Weinermobile.

No comments: