Saturday, October 21, 2006

So we finally got all of the drywall into the house when we got a break from the rain on Tuesday afternoon. I've never moved so much drywall, let alone seen that much at one time. Like I told Jock, it's not particularly tough work, just really boring and repetitive. I was glad to finally get to help in some way with the new house up there. It's going to be really nice when it's finished.
The girls and I had a great time despite some nasty weather, and having Karen and Jock to help fill in the gaps watching the kids was nice.
We were all glad to see Ann Wednesday night, Clare stayed up late to greet her and we heard all the stories about the vineyards she visited with Sara and all of their fun in Napa.


A Trip to St. Louis, and Possibly Into History

As I mentioned on Friday, I lucked into a ticket for Game 4 of the World Series to see the Tigers against the Cardinals in St. Louis. My friend Jim hooked us up, I'm heading down there Wednesday afternoon to begin the fiesta. Of course I've been thinking about the possibility of a Tigers sweep which would mean I would be there when they win it all, but I don't think they'll really pull that off. By the way, I'm accepting orders from any other Detroit fans for souvenirs, etc. Whatever I can carry back with me I'll pick up.

I love my girls, but I need a break!

Today was the Spooktacular at the YMCA, an annual nuthouse in Beloit where the Y dedicated both their gymnasiums to kid games and prize giveaways and food booths. Ann is required to help out all day (she doesn't enjoy it much either) so Clare, Addie and I have spent the day together. Clare did an awesome job in the pumpkin dash kids race this morning, then we got the girls' costumes on for the indoor event. Clare is Mulan (of Disney fame) this year and Addie is giving the Jo-Jo the Clown costume another run. They had a good time winning all sorts of worthless junk and snacks, and Grandma Karen was along for the fun as well. (Jock wisely stayed up north and kept working on the house)
Now Game 1 of the World Series is tonight and I definitely need a break, but doubt I'll get it. No Tigers fans around to celebrate with, and I'm sure we'll have a simulcast somewhere else in the house of a princess movie while I'm trying to watch the game.
I can't wait until Wednesday!





1 comment:

smoothdave said...

Man are you lucky to be going to the World Series. If you take any pictures post them so I can see.