Well, we're in the middle of birthday season here, with Clare just having turned 4, my nephews Benjamin (2 today) and also my dad today, along with JB and Greta last month turning 4 and 1 respectively. Everyone is healthy again after battling through the colds and upper respiratory infections.. thankfully!
We had a great visit from Kyle and Jill Donahue last weekend when they visited from St Louis, and we're looking forward to heading to GR in a week for Benjamin's birthday party. Ann and I are also looking forward to meeting up with Denise Richards and her boyfriend whom we haven't met yet but heard lots of things about.
I haven't updated since covering the Super Bowl.. that was pretty insane. The bus ride down there with some super fans was an adventure unto itself... the 1974 rehabbed school bus had basically no heat, no power (which really sucked for someone who had a cell phone, laptop and video camera to keep powered up for the trip) but the video documentary I made of the trip really turned out well (IMO) and it made my several nights at the Radisson in downtown Miami even more enjoyable. Being in and around the Super Bowl was cool enough, lots of freebies and souvenirs, and playing photo editor for the game was a thrill. I felt bad for our two staff photographers as they got completely soaked out on the field. Figures.. the first Super Bowl in history to be rained on and we were there. All in all it was tons of work and worth every second of it. Now I've covered the Super Bowl, the World Series and the NBA Finals... my job can be pretty fun sometimes. Now if only our area teams were always playing for the title!
The girls are doing great.. Addie is a total handful. Learning new words all the time, and she's even beginning to potty train. She gets lots of clues on things from her big sister too. Clare continues to amaze me... sometimes I wonder if all parents think their kids are this smart. She's really something.. doesn't miss a beat.
Tom Izzo seems to have the Spartans playing better basketball right now, too bad we couldn't pull one off against U-M last night. After 4 straight wins at home I was hopeful we would steamroll the Wolverines, and it looked for much of the first half that we might do exactly that. So now we're going to probably get taken behind the woodshed by Wisconsin this week to end the Big Ten season... we'll see.
I can't wait to get together with my friends for the annual Buffalo Wild Wings 2-day extravaganza on the first 2 days of the tournament... wings, beer and more wings... ahhhhh.
That's it for now, my back is getting sore trying to stay comfortable here in bed with the laptop... besides, whoever this guy is singing on Letterman is brutal.. gotta find the remote!
later--
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment