Inspired by my sister who's started her own blogger.com account, I'm writing a bit about life 'round here today and other points recently.
I've discovered (or my new neighbor friend Dan has discovered) that there's a weekly basketball game only a 2 blocks from my house, they play in a guy's driveway EVERY Tuesday night and always finish it off with a few beers sitting around the court in plastic lawn chairs. That is until the mosquitos find us, then it's game over.
It's great fun, and the hoops are just my speed. A few guys that are good, a few more that aren't, and nobody really gets too insane about it. We just play a bunch of games to 11, the guys give each other a little shit here and there, that's it. And the beauty of it, it's right around the corner! What a score having that so close to home. I hear they play at some elementary school gym during the winter months... I like the brewskies at the summer version!
And Ann is willing to let me have this boys evening, so it's fabulous. I almost skipped tonight (I just started last week) when i heard Dan wasn't going, and besides it's been hotter than balls around here lately, but I went anyway. I had been looking forward to it too much to bail out. Projects can wait...
i hope to get the third light fixture up in the kitchen tonight before bed, we'll see about that.
The girls are, well, girls. Addie is every ounce of 2 years old. She alternates between a huggable little thing that loves to giggle and then the spawn of the devil when she doesn't get her way. When she's in that groove, the only word she knows is "no". And not just no, it's "NO!!!!!!!!!"
So she's seeing more and more of the naughty step these days, we're trying to pound it into her head that throwing things around the house just because she's pissed isn't cool.
Clare is great, she's learning to appreciate the wonders of taking a shower, which helps a ton. She's also on pins and needles ahead of this Friday's premiere of High School Musical 2 on Disney Channel. I think she's going to catch it at her friend Taylor's house Friday night, while I take Ann our for a birthday dinner.
Well, i've been on iChat with my friend Vern for a while, sharing stupid YouTube videos. It's amazing how much time you can make disappear on that site.
I need some sleep.. thanks for reading. Be back soon this time!
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment