Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Ignoring the holiday

Ann told me that November was National Blog Posting month or something, so I'm just now getting around the celebrating that one. It's been busy at work, fun at home, everyone's pretty healthy. There ya have it.
We had a good time with mom and dad here 2 weeks ago, but as usual it was way too short. Thanksgiving should be fun in GR in a few weeks. Between now and then I have to replace some ridge cap shingles on my roof, re-tar the flat roof over the porch and install a new gutter on one section in the front of the house. Somewhere in there I need to find time to keep the leaves from piling up. Last weekend I spent every spare moment of Sat and Sun blowing, raking, dragging and burning leaves. It's fun in a "who the hell else is going to do it?" sort of way, and I do get to burn a shitload of leaves (burning stuff is always fun) but sometimes it seems like the supply of leaves is neverending.
Oh, and I also need to put new insulation in all of the joist spaces in the basement, since Jock and I ripped all the old crap out due to mice infestation.
Jock will be my partner in grime next week when i take Tuesday and Wednesday off just for projects at the house.
I'm hoping that by the end of Wednesday (or very soon thereafter) I'll feel a whole lot more ready for the coming winter.
Then I can tackle the kids bathroom overhaul and maybe even get rid of the wallpaper in ours too. (Thankfully I'm giving myself a spring deadline on that stuff)
For those of you that aren't fans of the best news program on television, 60 minutes, you should check out their free podcast. Even if you don't have an iPod, you can listen via iTunes. Last week's piece about the Iraqi source called "curveball", who was the lynch-pin to us going to war in Iraq, is extremely interesting and unnerving all at the same time. It's no surprise that the reasons for going to war were stretched and overstated by the Bush administration, but this account is really damning. I'll leave it at that. How we're not in the middle of impeachment hearings is beyond me.

1 comment:

Megz said...

I wanna burn leaves, too!!!
Projects sound fun...so great that you have the great worker-bee in your FIL!
As for the 60 minutes piece, I caught part of it...very interesting, indeed. You know my feelings on that. Any kind of grumble at this point would just be redundant.
Is it 2008 yet?