Tuesday, December 04, 2007


Got too many Christmas lights?

Wrap them around somebody and shoot their picture! The girls and I had some fun after we lit up the Christmas tree last night, until their necks started to burn that is. I also noticed something I had not seen before, a warning sticker on the light cords telling consumers to wash their hands because of possible lead contamination from the green wires.. huh. Apparently the note is aimed at California, which I guess has outlawed everything in the world as hazardous to your health. Anyway...
You can't see it too well in the photos, but Clare has a nasty case of road rash on the side of her face from a sledding accident Saturday. She and Reid were flying down Bond Drive (yes, both the Andersons and the Hankins were unaware they were actually sledding IN THE ROAD) when they launched themselves accidentally, and Clare's face took the brunt of it. She was a little upset the rest of the day, but the pain wore off relatively quickly. She told Ann yesterday that she was tired of telling the story of how it happened to all of the people at the Y, so Ann is now in charge of telling the story.
Next time, we'll keep the kids to the dead-end street on Kinnikinnick and have a parent watching as backup. We'll also be getting rid of the long, plastic sled of death, which has no steering control whatsoever. We're going innertube this season... (I've never had to type innertube, anyone know the correct spelling?)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awesome picture of the girls! Poor Clare Bear's face!!! :)

I think you're right on innertube...sounds like fun to me, you guys should try Hospital Hill in Beloit and count me in if you do!!

And, I'm in for hunting, but only if we can sit in a tree stand and drink beer!!