It's already Monday..
Holy crap, this week has FLOWN by... I can't believe we are going to be heading home tomorrow on our first leg back to Roscoe. We had such an action-packed weekend, it's hard to know where to start! Dinner at the club Friday night was great, nice to get away and have some strictly adult conversation for a while and good food of course. And nobody laughed at my really nice jacket either. All the kids were asleep when we got home, another bonus. On Saturday morning Jock, Braxton and I took off for a quick workout before picking up the birthday cake and balloons and meeting the gang at Jump for Joy for the dual birthday party. The kids had a great time jumping, bouncing, eating, drinking, etc. That afternoon Braxton and I played 18 holes at the country club, not a great round in terms of score but it was fun just being out playing golf. And drinking a few beers of course. We got back home in time to enjoy burgers on the grill and Sara's next creation, a wine tasting for all of us. Ruthie and Ron arrived for the weekend just prior to the birthday party, so they joined us for the tasting here at the house. Sara had picked out 6 wines ranging in price from $4 to $48, and with all of the bottles hidden in cloth bags, we tried each one and took notes, each person ranking them along the price scale where they thought they belonged. Ann, Sara and Jock I believe got the most right, I however thought that the $4 bottle was one of the best. What does that tell you.... pass the beer I guess.
But the process was fun, and we all got pretty roasted in the process. We nearly finished all 6 bottles among 6 people.
Sunday was another easy-starting, coffee drinking kind of morning. Braxton and I left at 10 am to head up to Duncan, OK to play one of his favorite courses called The Territory. It's actually a private club, but he got some reciprocity deal through his own club and we were able to play. It was very pricey, but definitely first-class all the way. And the nice thing was that everything was included. Range balls, really nice carts, etc. And even though the turf was brown and dormant from the winter, it was still in really nice shape and we pretty much had the course to ourselves. I had a few spectacular shots, sandwiched between complete screwups. And with a constant Oklahoma wind of 20 mph, every shot, and I mean EVERY shot was tricky. Even the putts were getting pushed sideways. But all in all it was an awesome round, I still managed to shoot 92. We showered and ate there and headed back in time to catch the gang here for dinner and hanging with the kids. I didn't fare so well last night, somehow I was just exhausted. Even though I was kinda zombied in front of the Curious George, it was still relaxing (mostly) to watch the kids zip around the house and just listen to the conversation.
This morning Sara, Ann and Karen are out with Addie and Greta at Gretie's music class. Later we'll be taking Clare with JB to his school for lunch, then probably tennis and putt-putt for the kids. With any luck we'll get an adults night tonight, but either way I'm just trying to slow down and enjoy the last full day here.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment