Monday, January 14, 2008

Meg's post reminded me

Of a comment Clare made this weekend... she was quizzing me on the way home from movie night about why it's bad to have beer in the car (we had a previous conversation about this, and she likes to make sure she knows the whole scoop). So I proceeded to fill her in on what happens to people when they drink anything with alcohol, and how the police will put you in jail if you drive with beer, wine, or other "mommy and daddy" drinks. After a minute of silence, Clare says, "Then how come, that one time, on the way to Ele's cabin you had a beer? That Jim gave you?"
Wha-wha-what? Ok,....
A - How did she remember that?
B - How did she remember that seeing as how it was after midnight in a private wooded area of Missouri after a 6-hour road trip from Roscoe...and , well, that should be enough!
C - How in the heck did she remember that?

This proves one thing. Do as daddy says AND does... because little eyes named Clare and Addie notice EVERYTHING.
By the way, she's really getting the hang of sounding out words to read... I'm banking on her to be reading pretty well by the time kindergarten starts next fall! Between that and her puzzle skills lately, I'm really impressed. Now, if I can just get her on skis.....

No comments: