Thursday, February 28, 2008

One of the best days

My little Clare Bear and I had a fantastic day today. We're still enjoying it actually. We're watching a movie that just arrived from Netflix, Ann and Addie aren't home yet, and I'm still buzzing from my day with her.
Clare tried downhill skiing for the first time today, at Alpine Valley in East Troy, WI and she was great. For the most part I just stuck my poles out to the side and gave her something to hold on to, but several times she asked to go by herself and she cruised down the slope with me close by. She even tired quickly of the "magic carpet" thing on the beginner hill and took to the high-speed quad lift for the rest of the day. I didn't even realize how much fun she might think that was, cruising way up high on the lift.
While we're still working hard on the whole "snowplow" concept, or as they say these days, "make your pizza!", she definitely didn't exhibit much fear. All in all we had a blast. A combination of two favorite things. Spending time with one of my daughters AND skiing. It can't get much better than that.

No comments: