This and that
First off, I'm recanting my love for winter right now, this shit is getting old. I love a good ol' tons-of-snow winter as much as the next Michigan native, but c'mon. With about 6 more inches of snow last night, I'm officially ready to see it all go buh-bye. Not that I didn't have fun plowing our driveway AND Andersons this morning (his blower attachment for his tractor gives me serious tool envy) but I'm really looking forward to reclaiming my driveway back in its entirety.
Seriously, I have no more room to plow the snow off the driveway. We're surrounded.
And in true, un-boy scoutish fashion, I'm just about ready to take a blowtorch to the front gutters that are clogged with ice. Having pulled a few idiotic stunts like that as a kid, I know it would be disastrous, but it's just SO tempting.
As of last night's tv news broadcast, we were 2 inches shy of the all-time record for most snowfall EVER between Dec 1 and March 1.
Enough about the weather.
I'm really ready to hit the road and get out of town to GR this weekend. I hope the roads cooperate and everyone is healthy... this winter has really put the beat-down on everyone in my family.
Ann and I also have major vacationitis. Seems like lots of people we know are enjoying, or have recently enjoyed a trip somewhere warm. We just about started looking for cheap fares to Florida last week, but the house is still commanding all of our spare cash these days. With any luck we'll have 2 new bathrooms by the end of the spring. The girls' bathroom will be getting a new paint job and maybe a new tub insert to replace the pos that's left there now after removing the mold-infested sliding doors.
And we're hoping to put the finishing touches on renovating our downstairs bath with a new vanity and cabinet. Ann decided on a Paris theme, ooh lah lah. Tres magnifique...
And to help finish all those projects I've completed contruction on my own workbench in the workroom off the garage. With a set of directions from the internet and about $60 in materials, I created a bomb-proof beauty that will be home to many hours of hammering, drilling and tinkering. Now, if the temperature would just warm up so it's more comfortable out there, that would be super.
(it all goes back to weather i guess)
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment