Monday, March 17, 2008

Get ready for Madness

It's that time again, time to focus all of my energy on how many wings I can eat Thursday, how crazy I will be while Michigan State plays and what my multiple pool sheets will look like after Thursday and Friday.
John Dietz and I are meeting for March Madness V, the fifth-annual celebration of college basketball and our love for Buffalo Wild Wings. We'll be joined this year by my dad, brother and brother-in-law, which will really ramp things up. Dietz also has a few buddies coming, so we should have a good crowd.
I'm pretty sure if you're reading this you're familiar with the tradition, so you've already gotten past how ridiculous it all sounds. But believe me, it's a treat like no other.
As of 11:30 am Thursday, I'll have 12-18 medium wings in front of me, a rather large beer and everything will be right with the world. (as long as MSU gets past the first round or two)
An unsettling fact I read last night.... the Spartans have exited in the first round 2 of the last 4 years. But, BUT.... they've made it to the tournament the past 11, which has them in the top 5 or 6 of active streaks for making an appearance in the tourney.
My theory, shared by few people I'm sure, is that we may have been put in the best bracket for making it to San Antonio. With Memphis as the top seed in the south, that's not as daunting a task as, say, UCLA or North Carolina.
Anyway, I should get to some work here on Monday morning - plenty of time to ponder things as the week moves along.
But I might start ingesting some TUMS now as part of my regular diet to quiet the oncoming storm of wing sauce....

No comments: