Ahhh, Cedar Fest
I had forgotten all about the tradition of Cedar Fest, where MSU students seem bent on trashing what's already a pretty dumpy apartment complex for no reason.
The Party That Just Won't Die
I love the part about how the party-goers were chanting to get tear-gassed. Well done, Spartan youth.
Anyone else think the past weekend's weather would never arrive? It was such a bummer to wake up this morning and have it be back in the 30's or 40's. Either way, it was an awesome weekend and a rebirth of "project season" on Bond Drive. I even managed to get a new chandelier installed above the dining room table before it was too late Sunday night, so we're finally getting moving on rehabbing some of the rooms. First up, the dining room wallpaper. That stuff has GOT to go. And now that Chris and Lee (thanks for coming for dinner guys! it was fun!) have weighed in on how to tear it all off, we might actually get started. Now I will be having visions of tiny color swatches for the next few weeks.
SUBHEAD - A FAILED EXPERIMENT
Eight-o-Clock coffee is kinda bunk. I opted for it at Wal-Mart last week after the 5-dollar-per-bag savings over Starbucks made my eyes glaze over. But having tried it out for the last few mornings, I feel like my stomach ingested some road tar, so I think I'm going back to the "bucks". I've also decided that I prefer the home-brewed version than the stuff from the actual Starbucks shop. I think they just make it that strong to see if you can handle it. (and to see if you have heat tiles on your tongue like those used on the space shuttle - holy crap is that hot.)
I should do some real work today - but I have enjoyed surfing 2 new blogs this morning belonging to Chris and Lee. Ann and I have enjoyed a new tradition with them of spending the Sunday school hour drinking coffee and chatting while the kids are at church. Look for links soon on my favorites column...
Monday, April 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh... totally forgot about Cedar Fest. I lived in Mason-Abbott, so there was always something going on in those apt's across the St. I was there some year when we'd won SOMETHING sports related... can't even remember what, but there was rioting, etc... I was clueless. My mom called in a panic wondering if I was ok. Me: Huh?
You know what they say....
Ain't no party like a cop-car-flipping-and-burning party.
Crazy kids.
Post a Comment