Life in the Woods, Part ?
I'm feeling a bit lethargic when it comes to lengthy blog entries today, and have been a little vacant on here over the last week or so. But I wanted to toss some things out there just for grins. We had Jock and Karen in town last weekend, had a great time and got lots of things done around the house. Jock and I replaced the gutter in front that had been causing issues, and added some extra pipes and a downspout over the flat roof in back to ease the torrential flood that comes over our windows during heavy rains. The trick seems to have worked, but only another toad-choker will provide a true litmus test.
We also got rid of a ton of brush and smallish trees around the wood pile and burn pit areas. Much of the fallen stuff was turned into firewood, the rest provided for a day-long bonfire (keep in mind it was started Sunday) that still burns today. I saw another flame spurt up last night, even after a day of rain Monday. Yeah, that bastard was hot.
We roasted hot dogs, did s'mores, had a great time Sunday night.
It turned out to be a great weekend of weather, despite the forecasted crap (that crap arrived Monday in time to work in the rain and snow... ugh)
Anyway, my little girls are good. Addie's coming around a bit, although Ann and I are still trying to figure out exactly what's eating her. We suspect it's largely sleep deprivation, we'll see.
Maybe sometime this week I'll actually get eager again about triathlon training. I've been slacking since Friday, and the weather certainly hasn't helped get me any time on the bike.
Excuses, excuses. I know.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Toad Choker" LOL... never heard that one before.
Post a Comment