Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Uggggh

I'll always remember this Memorial Day weekend. Memories of what could have been, what was, and what I could have done without.
We were so bummed that the Richards couldn't make it - and that they had to quarantine Benjamin with his breakout. I know they were bummed out too, we look forward to the rain date in a few weeks when they can come over for a long weekend of fun.
We did manage to string together some fun plans with neighbors; Andersons joined us Saturday night for a cookout at our place with some great food and relaxation.
Sunday evening we went up the street for another cookout at Lentz's and had another great meal (and some really good beer... Dan and I can always talk microbrews together) and Mark Anderson took all of us for a ride around the Ledges in his 1928 Model A, that was fun.
We even had a little bonfire back at our place to cap off the night, but a storm rolling in put a quick end to the evening.
Then the fun REALLY began. Addie threw up just before going to bed, and continued to throw up throughout the night on herself, her bedding, me, our bed, just about everywhere.
Then I started in on the fun, puking my guts out from about 2 am until 2 pm the next day.
Bummer was I was supposed to work Monday... I ended up processing slideshows and working from home all afternoon, all the while wanting to roll over and go to sleep on the couch.
Clare also wasn't feeling too well, she was complaining about pain in her ear most of Sunday night and Monday - she and Ann are headed to Dr. Omengan's office as I type Tuesday morning. She's been pretty clogged up for the last few weeks anyway - probably a good time for her to stop by and see the doc anyway.
So..... here I sit at work, wondering what the hell happened to all of us the last 36 hours. We did have a lot of fun, despite the change in plans and the hellish finish to the weekend. It was a total buzzkill to spend one of the most pleasant Memorial Days (weather-wise) in recent memory indoors hunched over a laptop while fending off requests from Addie to play all afternoon.
But hey, at least I feel like actually eating lunch today. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

No comments: