I've said it before, but it bears repeating.
The Joshua Tree is the best album ever made.
By anyone.
It was another one of those mornings when things were pretty much right with the world, at least my little corner of it anyway. Why?
a. The sun was shining
b. The girls are doing well
c. I finished the dining room painting last night
d. I've been able to watch many, many hours of the TDF the last couple of weeks.
e. We have our favorite out-of-town-but-not-related-to-us guests coming this weekend
f. I had coffee in hand
Anyway, back to the album.
And so ensued a 55-minute sing-a-long in my car on the way to work, featuring mostly tunes from the aforementioned album. Just phenomenal. I dare you to listen to the whole thing and not agree. Seriously.
No, seriously.
I keep trying to figure out how to turn another one of those songs into a church performance, but none really measure up to "I Still Haven't Found..."
And if you're not convinced, then I have several live versions of "Where the Streets Have No Name" that you should listen to.
No comments:
Post a Comment