Mercifully, work is slow this week, so it's easier to absorb a full plate of Vacation Bible School at church each night, volunteering with the kids. And it will also make things a bit easier handling the homefront while Ann treks to Door County on her own. If you've read her most recent post you know that it's not for fun this time around..
But as I find more time to blog this week I also have more time to check back in to see if there are any comments. Which also means I got lots o' time to notice that nobody's commenting anymore.
Others I have read have had me laughing at kids antics, various mishaps and fun pictures.
So here's a list of things that, despite everything that's going on in my world and the bigger picture, I still give a crap about right now.
1. making the most out of the second half of summer. yes, it's only half over, so screw all you "back to school" advertisers.
2. getting to the ledges pool as often as humanly possible. i guess that kinda falls under #1.
3. making our family as green as possible. it may be the most worn out buzzword in the history of civilization, but if you know me, you know that nothing lights my fuse quite as much as watching out for the environment.
4. watching a certain presidential candidate make quick work of the other come november.
5. when are sirius and xm radio gonna merge? c'mon already... i want major league baseball games on my radio!! (go tigers!)
6. I seriously need to eat more corn on the cob. It's nearly August, and I think I've eaten 1 solitary ear of corn this entire summer.
7. only 49 more weeks until the Tour de France, 2009.
3 comments:
WOO WOO (to #4)!!! :)
I like that you still give a crap about being green. I'm trying to be better at it, but you know as well as I that we have a lot o' carbon footprint to erase with our long commutes...hello running to the Y! That helps right?
Oh, and by the way, I was going to comment again on your 2nd bathroom story, but I thought I better just leave well enough alone :)
We've had corn on the cob every day this week at lunch! Yummy, and the kids actually like it! :)
Post a Comment