Thursday, July 17, 2008

Etiquette del baño

This is just funny to me.
Guys can be so weird in the washroom... as was evidence today at work. There's only one men's room in our building, and it's down the hall - accessible to several businesses on site.
Let me lay this out for you. There are 2 urinals and 2 stall. 99% of the time that's plenty to serve our population here. Once or twice I've had to make an emergency run up the street to the Holiday Inn for relief. But I digress...
Today I'm in there solo, doing the ol' #1, as is frequently the case after my long commute and several cups of coffee. In walks another guy, clearly he has space next to me at the other urinal, but no. He opts to use the stall... so I give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he'll be spending some time in there for the ol' #2.
But no.
He's just doing what I'm doing... but his is making much more noise thanks to the distance.. well, you get the point.
It's just funny sometimes. I mean, are you really that paranoid about taking a leak next to another guy? C'mon. It's not like I'm looking for camaraderie there at the stall... none needed thanks! But geez.
There's an unwritten rule about glancing over or having conversation while holding your, well, stuff. So if somebody's worried about that, forget about it.
The really funny ones are when you hear someone come in behind you and then you hear them leave before they've even TRIED. Stagefright I guess..
I get nervous about some things in life. Taking a whizz, no matter WHERE it is, isn't one of them.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too funny! glad everything works out ok for you - some people are just weird aren't they?! Glad to hear you had a nice vacation!! Welcome back!

Megz said...

Oh, how I love blog entries like this one.:)

Such the real stuff of life. I love it.
Hilarious.

I actually shifted in my seat to get more comfortable when I read "Let me lay this out for you..."

I seriously believe the best moments (or blog entries, at the very least) are in the details like the ones so well-told in this nugget.