Friday, August 08, 2008

The Roar is back

Even though we (and by we I  mean the Detroit Tigers) only took one game from the Sox during this week's series, it was the only game I will see this year so it was a blast - and even better since we handed the Sox a big, fat L. 8-3, the final.
John Starks and I dealt with horrendous traffic getting down there, but all was well after a beverage and a jumbo kosher dog with tons of grilled onions. I SO should have taken a picture of that. You'll have to do with this -


John sported his Barry Sanders jersey... priceless. He got several comments on it - people from Michigan have this hero-worship thing going with Barry. Any time you disappear from the face of the earth at the zenith of your career, you incite speculation beyond belief. Lions fans will forever hope for a Barry comeback. 
I also made a blog-worthy discovery, something that I'm choosing to start off my list with this week.
THINGS I DON'T EVER PLAN TO TRY. NOT EVEN ONCE.

• A margarita from a backpack (vendor at US Cellular Field)

• Karate lessons

• Owning a fancy sports car

• The McRib sandwich

• Kneeboarding (ok, did it once, but that's insane. do you hate your knees?)

• A belly putter

• Paying to attend a stock car race

• Rooting for any U-M team (sorry, just can't do it)

• A McRib sandwich



Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Don't dog the McRib until you have tried it!