Things have finally settled down a bit after last week - working in Arlington Heights for the week and surviving the commute. And on my first day back here in Elgin yesterday, we had flooding all over the place so I spent the morning in hip waders shooting pictures and recording audio of flood victims. It was a real jump start for getting back into shooting mode again... 
kinda like riding a bike really.
So finally today I'm back to just keeping things organized at the office- and catching up on some desk work. Are you still reading? This stuff really isn't that interesting... well done if your head is still upright.
Back at home
Remember Addie the Terrible?
Well thankfully she's moved out of the house - and her twin sister Big A is back. Ann and I are pretty sure it was just her asthma symptoms that launched many of her fits the last 2 weeks, but she's much more in the clear now, and has the attitude to prove it. This morning I actually enjoyed getting up at 6 with her and cuddling in bed, making a tent under the sheets and listening to her go on and on about what she would like for breakfast.
And in a move which will signal that I've truly reclaimed my life a bit, I hope to mow the yard this evening when i get home at a decent hour. Honestly, there aren't too many things I look forward to like an hour + on the riding mower. There are several things to my advantage there...
1. Nobody else in the house knows how to work it.
2. It's not safe to have anyone riding with me while the blades are engaged, so even the pleas of young girls to get a ride with daddy have to be postponed until later.
3. Both Clare and Addie (mostly Addie) don't care for the noise it makes, so they head for the hills once I get it rolling.
1+2+3= one helluva nice time for dad!
Where's Waldo?
Many of you may be aware that Ann has planned a trip for our 10th anniversary next week - the destination of which is still unknown to me. She told me about the surprise LAST September 19th, and I won't find out where we're going until we get to O'Hare next Friday morning. Although it's a bit of a bummer not being able to get excited about the destination, it's so much fun having that surprise lingering out there. All I have to do is locate a good book to read, pack for temps in the high 70s or 80s and then just show up! I'll try to send up a post from my Treo next week from the airport when I discover where I'll be for 6 days.. At this point the only place I've ruled out is Canada.
4 comments:
So fun that you just get to show up at the airport! I would be going crazy, but knowing Ann it's somewhere totally fabulous!! Enjoy! Also - nice wadders - very fashionable! :)
Finally logged on here to catch up with your life. Clearly you've been busy! Enjoy the mowing ritual! Thinking of you. Mom
C'mon...Ann LOVES Canada!
I know where you're going, I know where you're going....
Post a Comment