Wednesday, October 29, 2008

For complete instructions see a YMCA staff member...

This would have been purely priceless on video had someone seen it.
This morning at the wee-hour time of roughly 5:50 am, I had just finished stretching at the Y and was on the treadmill.
Working my way up through the quick walking to running speed, I was tuned out to Pink Floyd and simultaneously watching about 4 televisions ranging from sports highlights to Fox News. 
One particular clip caught my eye, not even sure which teams were playing, but it involved an interception and a very crazy runback by the defense. I must have really been into it, because about the time I thought "wow, they finally tackled the guy", I was starting to fly off the treadmill.
Backwards.
In what must have been the most awkward set up steps, and with hands quickly grabbing the rails, I rescued myself before the bottom half of my 6'4" frame whacked somebody walking behind me. And of course, there was a woman walking behind me about that time.
I didn't dare look around too much in the moments that followed, but I saw her walk to the front of the room out of the corner of my eye. I'm sure she was still recovering from a mini-stroke, wondering what the hell my problem was.
Kinda like this.

2 comments:

Megz said...

High-larious!!!

Dina said...

I second Meg's comment. That is SO FUNNY! I actually had that happen to me...thank GOD it was in the privacy of my parents' basement! After I flew off the end of the treadmill, I layed on the floor for what seemed like an eternity going, "Did that REALLY just happen? What the hell?!" It hurt like a bitch and I had battle scars for several weeks afterwards! HA!