..sink yourself back into work.
It should be noted that that major reason I was out shooting video at a funeral today was that we're light on staff. Nevertheless, it was good to get out and cover some news, even if it was the funeral for a Schaumburg police officer who died in the line of duty last week.
I met his widow yesterday when I went to their house to shoot copy photos of their family pictures, so I felt a bit more involved with the story despite the fact that it happened in one of our newspaper's other zones. It struck me as I looked through all their family photos that he was a really fun guy, and likely a really great dad. I felt so sad for the kids and his wife, losing such a fun, energetic guy. They had travelled all over the place. The photos looked like they had a blast wherever they went.
It's interesting sometimes how we have to blow in and out of people's lives, sometimes at some of the best or worst times for them. I treat it like a privilege to be a witness - I wish all my newspaper and television brethren felt the same.
Anyway, I have to polish up work here and get out of here. Just thought I would link to the video here. I was kinda proud of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment