List-o-thon Don
My apologies to those of you who were bored to tears by the list stuff yesterday - or was it Wednesday? Anyway, I've now been "tagged" by my sister to come up with a list of interesting things about me- (I was waiting for someone to get me on this, I didn't know I had been hit until I read Meg's blog this morning)
Let's see if I can really surprise anyone here...
1. I spent a week in 1993 camping throughout Arizona by myself while trekking around the state peddling my portfolio and doing a little self-exploration as well.
2. I was knocking on death's door for about 20 mins back in 1994 after eating a peanut butter cookie. I stopped breathing in my apartment as was revived by paramedics with injected epinephrine. I woke up in the ER as my shirt was being cut off of me. The worst part? My parents were told by the doctor, en route to the hospital in Lansing at 2 am, that he couldn't talk long because he had to get back into the ER because I wasn't responding.
3. As a result of my job I've photographed 2 presidents, worked the Superbowl, World Series and NBA Finals, and seen way more death and devastation than I care to remember.
4. I remember the yellow shirt Ann was wearing the first time I saw her, walking across Empire Street to my apartment in Freeport.
5. I hit my head so hard on the corner of the family coffee table when I was 3 that I still have a scar right next to my left eye.
6. When I was in elementary school I would sometimes lie and say that I was born in Denver, Colorado because I thought that would be much cooler than just being from Grand Rapids.
2 comments:
so plg about your I'm from Denver comment...also "yellow" shirt...just to clarify for all...it was a pale yellow shirt not Tour de France Yellow Jersey yellow....just wanted to clarify for all the fahionistas out there :-)
you don't have to tell me, babe. I remember it well!
Post a Comment