On the drive home tonight I finally was able to put my finger on the big reason why I've felt so apathetic towards this blog lately.
I've been struggling to find something coherent, interesting or funny to say. I mean, I have readers to think of, right? Yeah. So anyway, I just haven't been able to get cranked up to spin yarns about the daily routines of life and how they make me laugh sometimes. Or about who had what for dinner last weekend and how great the kids are doing.
Coincidentally, they're doing great. I even want to brag about Ann's upcoming marathon quest - but I digress.
Life just hasn't been that easy lately. Not just for me either. It seems that there's this national downer mode going on, and there's no easy cure. People are losing their jobs left and right. Co-workers of mine are disappearing from the office and we're being asked to move on without much direction.
I don't even want to think about what kind of money I was making 2 or 3 years ago, or how much money used to be in my 401k account.
Newspapers are disappearing and nobody (outside the business) seems to give a shit.
At the rate we're going, there won't be anything at all in print to read in a few years. Maybe less than that. If you want to get your news, you'll have to get it online. And you'll have to get it from some hack blogger who just has a bunch of opinions about the news - no real facts or sources to quote. In other words, professional journalists are becoming extinct.
Ahhh, my laptop battery is dying. Perfect.
Well, time to get some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment