Kudos to my sister who tipped me off that this even happened, and shame on me for not knowing! I watched part of the pre-inauguration coverage yesterday but somehow didn't catch this.
Amid all the pomp and circumstance of tomorrow's inauguration, I'm just feeling very content knowing that we're on the right path. Yes, most of us are bouncing the bottom of our bank accounts, feeling job cutbacks and layoffs and trying to find something to hold on to.
But I have faith that we'll come through it, even if it takes more time than we would like.
Today I'm also thinking about Rustin and Appy Mikel, as Rustin prepares for major surgery (probably right about now) and the recovery that lies ahead for him.
They, along with Dan and Kelly were our Saturday night Wine Club crew - and we need everyone healthy for the February edition! We had a great time with 'Cabernet Night' and managed to polish off 7 bottles around the table. Ann will no doubt post more details on which ones were our favorites... looking forward to seeing what the Mikels come up with for our Feb rotation!
No comments:
Post a Comment