Colder than a well digger's ass.
Colder than a witch's t**.
Colder than a monkey's brass balls.

Yep, it's THAT cold.
(if you have any other phrases i can use, they are getting pretty stale..)
Thankfully we have meteorologists to tell us it's going to be that way, so I was prepared for shooting pictures outside today. Extra-warm socks, shell pants, ski gloves, the works.
Actually, aside from the slight burning on my cheeks it was a nice day to be out along the river shooting pictures. The problem on days like this is how to show just how cold it is.
My question is, why close all the schools? Last I checked, kids can arrive at school in buses or cars, and classes are held inside. Recess? That's why you have a gym.
I guess it's fun for the kids sometimes to get a free day, but it can really mess with people's schedules and daycare options. Luckily we have a great situation with access to the YMCA and their programs, and even luckier than Ann works there and can just take the girls with her.
I feel sorry for families that have to scramble on days like today just to make sure their kids are taken care of.
At this point, my biggest concern is what I'm eating for lunch. I packed a sandwich, some yogurt and a soda, but honestly a hot meal somewhere sounds fantastic.
I'm thinking the sandwich ensemble may end up being a late-afternoon snack on the commute home.
Chipotle anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment