I've come down off my anti-FB stump now.
It's useless to resist.
I'm also glad to see that the FB folks are recanting their promise to bend us over and take away our rights to anything posted there.
Looking forward to a full weekend of fun, first with the Hankins-Richards clan in Chicago for an overnight. Happy hour, Uno's pizza and some museum visits. Can't wait.
Then Saturday we have another meeting of the Roscoe Wine Club, which consists entirely of The Hankins, Mikel and Barry couples. Yeah, it's THAT exclusive.
This time around it's French wine night, so the pressure is on to bring something good to the table. Each couple brings 2 bottles and we blind taste - one of the bottles will be the one we brought back from our 2004 trip to France. I have no idea if it's good or bad - it will probably taste good to Ann and I only because of where and when we bought it. (at a grocery market in Grenoble, just before seeing Lance wipe out the field on Alpe d'Huez during the final time trial of his 5th-consecutive win.)
So it should be fun.
Now, if I can just figure out the next few weeks of our work schedule here at the Daily Herald, I'll be a happy man.
No comments:
Post a Comment