Oooh, thought of something else
This just HAS to get on here. I won't name any names, mostly because I don't remember it and i don't know how many people in a particular circle would actually end up reading here, but it bears writing.
I'm absolutely blown away by some people's attitudes amid the climate we're in right now. And by climate I mean everything. The state of the world. From the global and national economy to the bottom line at everyone's kitchen table. It's brutal, right?
So imagine my disgust to learn that someone actually used the excuse that they would rather sleep in than come into work and help out when there was a last-minute need. (somebody I know just said "holy shit" to themselves and will be calling me shortly to delete this post)
Yep. The words came out of their mouth.. they let their boss know that it was more important to them to sleep in than to make some extra money.
I'm at a loss for words.
I tried to imagine one of the staff photographers here having the balls to tell me that - and I can't even get my ginormous head around it. A real head-scratcher.
This, my loyal readers, is why Nerf bats were invented. Each and every supervisor in America should get one as part of the stimulus plan. And anytime someone (anyone, could be another boss too) makes a remark that rivals the one mentioned above, the penalty should be a free home-run swing at the crotch with the Nerf bat. Not a love tap or a spank on the rear. I'm talking "try to park it in the cheap seats" kind of swing.
Seriously.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Seriously - I am blown away EVERY day with stuff as stupid as this. Seriously.
Your awesome blog entries are far more entertaining than 24! Keep'em coming. love it.
Post a Comment