Thursday, June 07, 2012

RAGNAR

Tomorrow I join a group of five otherwise-normal people in a running relay from Madison, WI to Chicago. I’ll be running a total of 28 miles over three legs in various places day and night. I’ll be doing my best to keep a live journal going here if you want to watch the physical and mental degradation take place starting at noon tomorrow! I’m hoping to post the running portions via map from MapMyRun, as well as photos of shenanigans inside and out of the van, aka my home for 36 hours.
We also have other 12-person teams under the guise of Team Party Rocking Shenanigans (yes, each time has to have a name). Ours is Team Ultra Party Rocking Shenanigans, the ultra part coming into play since we’re doing twice the mileage of the other teams since we have half the number of runners.
And for what it’s worth, I totally blame Neff for this. ;-) At least if I conk out somewhere on a trail in the middle of Wisconsin, Ann can find me using the “find my iPhone” app.
And the name? Apparently it doesn't stand for anything in terms of an acronym, but rather refers to some Norse god of adventure..

No comments: