One helluva mood
I'm gonna blame Clare and Addie for this one - I am in one seriously pissed-off mood.
I shouldn't be... work is going well today - Clare and I had a great time at our movie night last night - but I can't seem to shake it.
This morning's antics while getting ready for school had me spitting nails... Clare acting like she's 1 because she's low on sleep (which I should blame solely on myself for taking her out late the night before) and Addie with her incessant whining and crying for Ann (or for daddy when Ann has her) is just f-ing unbearable.
How is it they can be cute as a button and then make you want to send them into the woods for the day?
I'm waiting for something to help snap me out of this funk today - a sign, something. Cuz everything is pissing me off. A few more idiotic drivers than normal today on my hour-f***ing-long commute..... the co-worker who refuses to get her boxes of crap out of the way here at work and just unpack already from the move from tri-cities. I am secretly hoping that she says something really stupid (not beyond the realm of possibility) to me today so i can just tee her up and say something witty about the damn boxes.
Oh, and gas prices? Mother........... I had to take out a loan to buy gas this morning. I know, I know, I've preached before that we have it coming... we need alternative energy sources asap. But there seems to be no reason for the increase in oil prices and gas... and it's really beginning to affect our bottom line now. Making lunches to pocket some extra money for bills isn't going to be enough soon -
Ugh. I gotta get offline before I make a complete jerk of myself.
Besides, in the mother of all ironic assignments, I have to go photograph Senator Dick Durbin and Congressman Bill Foster holding a news conference about gas prices, across the street from a Shell station in Elgin.
It's only a matter of time before the Prius becomes the #1 stolen vehicle in the land.
God Bless America.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yikes...shake it off....have another piece of Honey Bun cake :-)I hope your co-worker doesn't read your blog...or maybe it is good that she does and she will unpack?
Here, let me fix your bad mood, because I can tell that's exactly what you really want.
http://icanhascheezburger.com/
(works great if you're a cat person)
http://failblog.org/
(if your misery needs company)
www.fark.com
(if you need to be reminded that there are other idiots in the world, bigger than the ones you're dealing with right now...)
Oh, my, Lord. failblog.org just totally righted my ship! Thanks a ton, Lee. For others reading, it's more than worth the look. My eyes are still wet from cyring! Hilarious! Thank you my friend. :-)
Oh lord, I love this post.
Love the brutal honesty...but I'm sure that doesn't surprise you.
We've sacrificed healthy bedtimes lately in the name of late-night fun with neighbor friends, etc...and holy crap, do we ALWAYS effing pay the price.
Feel ya on that one, brutha.
Also hearin you on the gas...even though I don't have to "jump on the grenade" (as Brian likes to say) each day like you.
And your friend's sites are hilarious. That's confirmed.
Totally, freakin hysterical.
The "Jesus Saves" one almost woke Jonathan up from his nap, if ya get my drift.
:)Hang in there...
In the words of our dear brother, "I'll pay you five bucks" if you can trip over your co-worker's boxes one more time without servin it to her.
Post a Comment